- Dial 0333 555 8800 †
- Enter the 0800, 0808, or 0500 number you want to phone
- Press # to start the call
Call 0800, 0808 & 0500 Numbers Free* From Your Mobile
Most mobile phone providers in the UK still charge their users for calls to 0800, 0808 and 0500 numbers. 0800Buster lets you call these numbers using your mobile’s inclusive minutes, by providing you with a UK landline number to dial instead.
No registration or set-up is necessary, and the service is completely free*. Just dial 0333 555 8800, enter the full free-phone number you want to call at the prompt, then press #—it’s that simple!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an 03 number? Will I be able to call it for free?
- † 03 numbers were introduced in 2007 as an alternative to 01/02 numbers but not tied to any specific area of the country. We’ve checked all the big phone providers and they include calls to these numbers in your free minutes, but please check with yours to be sure. If you’re still concerned you can use 0113 830 0800 as an alternative number.
- Can I still use your service if I don’t get free minutes to UK landlines?
- Our access numbers should be charged at the normal landline rate, which might still be cheaper than calling 0800, 0808 or 0500 number direct. Check your mobile tariff to see if we could still save you money.
- What’s the catch? How does 0800Buster.co.uk earn any money?
- We can offer this to you as a free service because we receive a small amount of money for handling toll free calls.
- How can I store your numbers in my phone’s address book?
- Most mobiles come with the ability to add “pauses” to contacts which cause the phone to wait for 2–3 seconds before dialling the rest of the number. These are usually represented by a “p” or “+” so the number you store should resemble 03335558800p0800123456#. To enter a pause:
Nokia- press three times (or until p appears)
Samsung, Motorola- press and hold until p appears
Sony Ericsson- press and hold until p appears
LG- press and hold until p appears
Siemens- press and hold until + appears
Apple iPhone- press and hold until , appears
- Can I use your service to call 0845, 0870, or other UK numbers?
- Unfortunately it would cost us money to handle these calls so we cannot offer it as part of our free service. You can, however, use our parent company Localphone.com to make cheap calls to the UK which should work out considerably cheaper than using your mobile directly.
- What are some useful numbers I can call with 0800Buster?
- You can get free directory enquiries from your mobile by dialling the 0800Buster access number, followed by 0800 118 3733.
- What if I have questions, comments, or other feedback?
- You can ask questions, report problems, or share your thoughts with the 0800Buster Community.
Powered By…Localphone.com: Cheap International Calls
* “Free” assumes you receive inclusive minutes to UK landlines as part of your mobile phone contract. 0800Buster access numbers should be included in these free minutes, and should otherwise be charged at your provider’s normal UK landline rate. 0800Buster.co.uk accepts no liability for any costs incurred from using our service.